Friday 20 June 2014

After Effects Course - Week 1

This week I started on a two week After Effects course at Aproductions in Bristol. It's been great, and I'm really looking forward to next week.

On day 1, we went over basics. We were given a sound clip and told to create a piece using only the transform tools and blending modes. No effects! I chose this clip from War Of The Worlds.

All artwork and animation created in After Effects. Enjoy!





On Days 2 and 3 we went over some character animation stuff. We went over the parent/child hierarchy tool, and the puppet tool. These were my results.





A character we were given - A Christmas elf.






Another character we were given - A Christmas reindeer. It's been a long while since I animated anything four-legged!

On day 4 we got onto compositing, something I was keen to learn more about. We composited a couple of shots from an existing production, but I don't know if I'm allowed to put them online, so here's a plane. (I also did this on day 4).


No comments:

Post a Comment